Comments in this blog refer to my charts collection found at http://stockcharts.com
For intra-week comments go there, updated more frequently.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

On eclipses and general weirdness

I can't really help, I have been getting this feeling of weirdness so frequently lately. Maybe it's just because of the bad habit of tuning to the Bloomberg's on my XM radio on the way to work, or it's the planetary alignments. Actually, first thing this morning I got grossly surprised hearing on the radio there that we will have a Venus eclipse of the sun today. Well, before you get really scared and start imagining total darkness and the end of the world scenarios, be aware that it was just a usual media superficiality. The technical term for this rare event is not eclipse but a passage. Apparently a small disk of the planet Venus will be crossing in front of the solar disc today, and definitively no darkness is expected. Than again, on the way back home, radio folks were having this elated, giddy talk about the impending rescue for the financial and the rest of the world, coming from the G7, FED and the God himself (the last one is my addition) as the reason for the market's rebound.
This bring a bigger question forth: why should I or anyone in fact bother to strain my (his/her) eyes and keep looking at those charts where I see only doom if they on the radio know better and there is in fact a Guardian Angel? Or is that just a matter of someones faith? Whether someone is faithful or just gullible, time will tell.
I think it's time to put on the sunglasses and take a look at that Venus passage.
In the meantime, you can listen to this weird  German guy's song about eclipse.
Enjoy!


(he was certainly talented and believed in the Guardian Angel, I presume)

No comments:

Post a Comment